The House of the Lusatian Seminary of St. Peter is a magnificent Baroque house, the construction of which is attributed to Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer. It was founded in 1724 as a seminary to prepare future Roman Catholic priests coming from Upper Lusatia. Between 1728 and 1954, it was (with short breaks) a Lusatian college for secondary and university students, usually future clergy. Today, the ground floor houses the Hórnik Lusatian-Sorbian Library, administered by the Friends of Lusatia Society, spreading the former students’ legacy. The venue serves for meetings between Czechs and Lusatian Sorbs, various lectures, and other events. Apart from the Friends of Lusatia Society and the Hórnik Lusatian Sorbian Library, the building houses the Free State of Saxony’s Liaison Office and the National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education.
U Lužického semináře 13
Barrier-free access: partly