The Music and Dance Faculty is one of the three faculties of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (DAMU, FAMU, HAMU). It was founded by President Eduard Beneš’s decree on 27th October 1945. HAMU’s seat is the recently reconstructed former Liechtenstein Palace from 1993 and the Hartig Palace from 1995, forming a complex unit with the Lichtenstein Palace. For the first time in its history, the Music and Dance Faculty acquired separate premises, providing the school with the necessary teaching spaces. HAMU’s primary goal is the cultivation and individual development of talents and the education of top performers, composers, conductors, dancers, and other artists. The extensive activities of HAMU and its headquarters have made it a centre of cultural events of European importance.
Malostranské nám. 12
Barrier-free access: partly